Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Transatlantic flight

This whole adventure began on June 26 at the Salt Lake City airport. The flight I was tentatively scheduled for I didn't make so I was rolled to the next flight. That flight was delayed due to mechanical issues which meant I wouldn't catch my flight to Madrid. 

While I was waiting to see what my fate would be my dad's friend Doug who got me the amazing deal on my flight walked up to the counter I was sitting by to help someone so I asked him how likely I was to get of of SLC. He told me it would be best if I was able to get on the nonstop from SLC to Paris so he added me to the standby list for that flight.

Also thanks to Doug I got to fly in business class so I had a 4 course meal for dinner, my own pillow and blanket and a travel kit waiting for me. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fall asleep on the flight so by the time I arrived in Paris I was really tired. I was even more tired by the time I got my luggage 4 hours later and decided it would be best to get a hotel near the airport for the night. 



I got to my hotel and took a short nap before going in search of food. I had bad timing though, because the restaurant was closed so I had to settle for a salad and cheese platter for dinner. The front desk guy at my hotel was really nice, he actually spoke Arabic with me which was fun and crazy. :)

My view from my hotel room. 

I had to get up at 3 in the morning to leave in enough time to catch my 6:00 flight to Casablanca, so while my stay in Paris was short it was nice. 

In the morning I took a taxi to the airport and was able to get two delicious French pastries for breakfast. And then I was on my way to Africa!

If you look closely you can see Europe on the right and Africa on the left. 

Ok friends, I've got to go learn about my neighborhood. I'll write more when I get back!

Kayla نور


No comments:

Post a Comment